Monday, 21 November 2011

5 Paper Craft Inspirations

This week I have been inspired by some really beautiful paper crafts - admittedly after watching Kirstie Allsop's Handmade Britain, oh how I love that lady! Here are a select few of the pretties that I've come across:

1. Elly Mackay - beautiful dream-like scenes, all of her work is so pretty it was hard to choose a favourite!


source

2. Anna-Wili Highfield - the most intricate paper sculpture I have ever seen! Her birds and horses have so much life!



3. Thomas Allen - really fun book art. His use of perspective is so impressive!



4. Jennifer Collier - this paper typewriter must have taken so many hours to make! I love the illustrations on the paper roll. 



5. Matthew Sporzynski - a huge collection of paper creations ranging from food to politics! I love the block colours and the fun "everyday" subjects. 



Be sure to check out the online portfolios of these wonderful artists and there are many more beautiful creations to see! 

x Rachel 




3 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed Kirstie's series this year - it has been so much fun seeing her get her craft on and also get competitive. Paper is such a brilliant medium, you can make so many things with it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just been reading another article on book art and I love the idea of it but it breaks my heart to think of cutting up a book! Guess that's the lit student in me!! Love your blog, I found it through the button on Almostdelightful and just started following you :)

    raspberrykitsch.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper typewriter is incredible! Well, paper crafts in general are quite amazing. I wrote a post on book art a couple days ago :)
    Love your blog, your header is so cool!
    ~Drew
    http://openendedfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...