Thursday, 1 November 2012

Work in Progress: Theatre MAB

Today I thought I'd share a little insight into one of the projects I'm working on at the moment. Theatre MAB is a collective of theatre makers, artists, designers, puppeteers and performers of which I am a part of, and we are in the developing stages of something really exciting... 

MAB focuses on telling untold stories from around the world in their original languages, and right now we are exploring the tales of Loki: the shady trickster from ancient scandinavian folklore. We're in the devising stages and working up to an immersive storytelling performance in the next few months. Without giving too much away... here's a couple of my first design sketches. And yes we are making a tree - it's going to be big. 



Designing for this kind of project is challenging but so rewarding. We've basically got to create magic - which I think is what got me into theatre in the first place! 

So that's my latest work in progress... I'll be posting more on the show as it draws near. If you'd like to know more about the project, keep an eye on the Theatre MAB blog where we'll be posting news about upcoming performances and such like. 

x Rachel

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so cool! Can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...