Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Weekly Art: Pierre le Riche



This Rainbow Room Installation - Broederbond by Pierre le Riche - is pretty great. The South African born artist juxtaposed perceptions of masculinity and homosexuality by yarn bombing rugby balls in a living room surrounded with 17km of acrylic thread in the colours of the gay pride flag. Thought provoking AND pretty - my favourite kind of art. 

There is an interesting essay on the meanings behind the installation in the artists own words here. Plus be sure to check out the rest of his work

x Rachel 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I think I would always be happy if I lived in that room! You just couldn't feel down there could you!?
    Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

    Lyndsay xx | Fizzy Peaches ♡

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :) thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...